Thursday, May 5, 2016

Blue Nigella and a New Bookmark



After crocheting, my greatest hobby is gardening. I always get very excited whenever a new bloom comes out in my tiny garden. I also grow my own vegetables and herbs.

A few years ago, at a local park I collected seeds from the wild-growing Blue Nigella flowers. I scattered them in my front yard the following spring, and I got abundant blooms.

Here are a couple of pictures from that year. 





The next year, the flowers reseeded themselves, and again I had some beautiful blooms. 

I still get my Blue Nigella every spring, but they are not as abundant. I think I'll need to collect some seeds again. 

Or they can be purchased from Ebay: Blue and White Nigella Flower Seeds

I was inspired by my Blue Nigella to make a blue bookmark. It's similar to the other three bookmarks I've made this spring. Just a simple lace rectangle. 






The pattern is available in my Etsy and Craftsy shops. Thank you for your support. 



I'm linking to all these parties:
Link Your Stuff @ Annamarie's Haakblog
Craft Frenzy Friday @ Craft Dictator 
Crafting Along @ Be a Crafter
Home Sweet Home Friday @The Charm of Home,
Cooking and Crafting with J & J @ Julie's Lifestyle
Tweak It Tuesday @ Cozy Little House,
Clever Chicks Blog Hop at The Chicken Chick,
Penny Pinching Party @ The Thrifty Home,
Create It Thursday @ Lamberts Lately
Shabbilicious Friday Link Party @ Shabby Art Boutique 
Creative Corner Link Up Party @ Curly Crafty Mom
Anything Blue Friday @ The Dedicated House
Share It One More Time @ One More Time Events 
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme 

15 comments:

  1. So pretty. Caught my eye first at Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bookmark is so pretty. As are the flowers, of course :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have lovely flowers!! I can only do container gardening in the apartment so the blooms are limited and I am not a sincere gardener either. Lovely bookmark too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have and love nigellas !!!
    Lovely bookmark !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Nigella, we have always called it love in the mist. Your bookmark is so sweet and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love in the mist is such a beautiful name. I haven't heard it before.
      Thank you for stopping by and your comment.

      Delete
  7. Your flowers and bookmark are beautiful my friend.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous! Thanks for posting at my link party. ♥
    Best wishes, Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Piękna zakładka. Pozdrawiam serdecznie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Olga,
    I love the pretty blue flowers and bookmark! Growing flowers by seeds is so fun!
    Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J&J!
    Enjoy the week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely flowers. I'm seeing them for the first time. Beautiful bookmark.
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a neat idea!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is gorgeous Olga! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful bookmark! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features at the Anything Blue party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's blue soiree. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2016/05/anything-blue-friday-week-110.html Have a lovely Sunday!! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete