Monday, March 17, 2014

Crochet Baby Dress, Size 0-1 Months




Do you remember the baby dress that I made back in February? I liked my pattern, but I wasn’t very happy with my yarn choice (I used worsted weight yarn, and my dress turned out too heavy).


I tried the same pattern with light worsted (size 3) yarn, which worked wonderfully. To be specific I used one skein of Beehive Baby Sport by Patons (70% acrylic, 30% nylon). That yarn is very soft and easy to work with.

I think this dress looks just as lovely in variegated yarn as in two solid colors.



I wrote a very detailed pattern for the dress and I included several pictures of the yoke since that’s the most challenging part. But overall the skill level for this pattern is easy and I believe even a beginner can make this dress.

The pattern is available for sale in my Etsy shop.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Olga this dress is beautiful and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful dress, Olga!! Very sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Nice yarn too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both dresses are so cute. But of course pink is the all time favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is such a pretty dress Olga, I like the variegated yarn :-)

    my blog: linda-dawn-designs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. que bonito y delicado se ve, es precioso!!un besito.maria:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet...so cute...
    Have a nice day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect little Spring/Summer dress. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! I've had my share of "too heavy". Think I'm finally wising up and realizing I have to go with the lighter weight yarn on dresses and the like!

    ReplyDelete