Sunday, September 15, 2013

Quick and Easy Crochet Scarf, my free pattern


This scarf was super quick and easy to make because the pattern involves only chains and trebles. I made the scarf in one evening while watching a movie. I think this might be a good project for beginner crocheters.

I used leftover acrylic yarn from my stash, so I can’t say precisely how much yarn is need. It was a 3-ply yarn, and I worked with a hook US size F/5 (3.75 mm). I didn’t add fringe to my scarf, but you can always try that if you wish.







Ch 37 loosely.

Row 1: tr in 6th ch from hook, tr in next ch, *ch 3, skip 3 ch, tr in next 3 ch* across. Ch 4, turn.

Row 2: tr in next 2 tr, *ch 3, tr in next 3 tr* across. Ch 4, turn.

Repeat Row 2 until your scarf has desired length. Don’t make turning ch 4 in last row. Fasten off.


More scarf and cowl patterns from my shop:







5 comments:

  1. Hi, great scarf! Can you clarify if this is written in UK terms or US terms?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. US terms, I live in California, so all the patterns I write are in US terms.

      Delete
  2. Compliment a very nice scarf.
    Bye, bye Elli

    ReplyDelete
  3. ¸.•°♡♡♫° ·.
    Passei para conhecer seu blog.
    Encontrei trabalhos incríveis e muito elaborados.
    Você é muito talentosa!
    Boa continuação da semana!
    Beijinhos do Brasil.
    ¸.•°♡♡♫° ·.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know of you're still answering questions about this scarf but I would like to know if I could use a 4 ply red heart with love yarn ? Would I need a different size hooks then ?

    ReplyDelete