Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Stash-Buster: Scarf in Progress



Today I’m joining Linda from Linda’s Crafty Corner for Summer 2013 Stash-buster Challenge Link Party!

I have had this beautiful wool olive green yarn for a couple of years now. My sister-in-law bought it for me. I attempted a few projects with this yarn, but somehow none of them were ever finished.



At some point I wanted to make a crocodile stitch shawl. But this stitch requires lot of yarn, so I abandoned that project because I probably wouldn’t have enough yarn to finish it. Besides, my shawl was coming out heavy and bulky.

I also started an open-stitch project, which would require less yarn, but I didn’t finish it either. I think it was supposed to be a wrap, I’m not sure now.

I even tried to knit something with this yarn, but again that project never materialized.  I can’t even remember what it was supposed to be.



I think I finally found a perfect project for this yarn. I’m making a lacy scarf. The stitch is open and airy, and the scarf is coming out soft and pleasant to touch. I think I might turn it into an infinity scarf; I’ll decide later.


P.S. I’m going to take a short break from blogging and crocheting, but I have a few posts ready. They will be posted automatically. I’ll be back in a couple of weeks.


13 comments:

  1. Welcome to the challenge Olga! your scarf is going to be beautiful. Enjoy your break :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The open work is perfect for the beautiful yarn, it shows off the color and stitch definition just perfectly. Enjoy your time away.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely! Very light and delicate. Enjoy your break!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olga this is beautiful!
    I love the color.
    The stitch is so very pretty and it would be lovely as an infinity scarf.
    xoxo
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is beautiful and I do love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Olga!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful, Olga, and a lace scarf will be perfect :)

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful color ! Your choice to make a infinite scarf...perfect !
    Have a nice "break" !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your scarf is coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oi amiga adoro teu blog sempre tem coisas lindas por aqui,beijokas...
    http://www.titacarre.com
    http://vitrine.elo7.com.br/titacarre
    Hi , I love yours crafts. is beauty, hugs

    ReplyDelete