Thursday, May 2, 2013

Lacy Lilac Bookmark


Reading is one of my favorite past times. I prefer old-fashioned hard copies rather than reading on Ipad or Kindle. And with an actual book, one needs a bookmark. I made myself a few crocheted bookmarks in the past and just now added another one to my collection. 


I used a small amount of leftover size 10 thread in lilac and purple colors. I also used size 10 steel hook. It had been a while since I worked with such small hook, and at first it felt a bit strange and my stitches were coming out clumsy. But soon I got hand of it.



The blue flowers in the pictures are called Blue Nigella. They are in full bloom in my yard now.



Ch 15.


Row 1: (4 dc, ch 3, 1 dc) all in 5th ch from hook, sk 5 ch, (4 dc, ch 3, 1 dc) all in next ch, dc in last ch. Ch 3, turn.


Row 2: *(4 dc, ch 3, 1 dc) all in next ch-3 space* twice, dc in 3rd ch of turning ch-3. Ch 3, turn.



Repeat Row 2 until you have 26 rows it total. Don’t make turning ch 3 at the end of Row 26.



Row 27: Turn, ch 5, sc in next dc, ch 5, sc in 1st dc of the next group of dc, dc in 3rd ch of turning ch-3.



Fasten off. Attach thread of contrasting color in same corner to make border.



Working in end of rows: *3 sc in next space* across, 7 sc in corner space.


Working in original chain: sc in next space where group of dc is made, 5 sc in next ch space, sc in next space where group of dc is made, 6 sc in corner space.


Working in end of rows: *3 sc in next space* across, 7 sc in corner space.


Working in last row: 7 sc in next ch space, 6 sc in corner space. Join with sl st. Fasten off.



If you wish to stiffen your bookmark, you can use spray on starch and hot iron.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More bookmark patterns from my shop:




12 comments:

  1. Ciao Olga
    Molto bello ... così la lettura fa ancora più piacere.
    Bye, bye Elli

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty.... Thanks for sharing
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very pretty. I love books but I still use my iPad now and again.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinned it ~ Would love to make these in the near future with some thread I bought for a song at a local shop. I think they would be great for my Bible reading. Thanks for the free pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to read books too, but I am, right now, doing my bit to save paper. I have been reading through various ebook readers. But I miss the smell of paper. Thanks for the pattern, again! Its a lovely bookmark, a perfect gift for myself and for all my book worm friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple but so lovely !
    Have a nice weekend.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Olga this is quite lovely. I too am an avid {constant} reader. I have made myself a few bookmarks as well. Like you I much prefer a "real" book. I will definitely make one of these. Thanks so much for sharing your pattern. I always love it when you do that :)
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the book mark the color combo is great... i too have made many things in this color combo.... reading books is a great time pass that gives us knowledge.... for so many reasons i couldn't touch the books... i think i'll start happyly after shifting the house.... but the happy thing is i sit by the side of my hubby whenever he reads.... i hear :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ольга, очаровательная закладка! Я связала пока одну закладку, но хочу связать еще :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too love to read books than reading online. Its a lovely bookmark. Its beautiful. As usual Olga

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantástico tu blog y preciosos tus trabajos. Me gusta mucho y volveré a visitarte más veces. Un saludo.
    http://fondodearmariomunecas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Splendido!! Da rifare! Molto molto bello davvero!
    Giovanna

    ReplyDelete