Sunday, September 30, 2012

Doily of the Week #34

Today I finished this black doily. Perfect timing as Halloween is only one month away!


I’m going to use this doily as a centerpiece. I placed the doily on a charger plate and added a ceramic pumpkin that I bought last year from a dollar store. I might replace the pumpkin with a real one and add more details.


I’m very pleased with the way this doily turned out.

Unfortunately, the link to the pattern doesn't work anymore.

I'm linking to Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House,
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home

9 comments:

  1. It is beautiful and I love the design and color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's AWESOME!!! very nice work!
    Shari ")

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous ! And I know that black is more dificult to crochet than other color...
    Have a great week.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did find it rather difficult to work with black thread.

      Delete
  4. That is lovely. I especially like the gentle ripple - very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty is that. I never would have thought to do it in black!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Imagine this doily with gold decor or maybe white china, or red items. Elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Olga,
    This is just beautiful, so delicate and refined. I must agree with Anna, black is one of the worst colours to use but, the most rewarding when complete as it does take extra patience. Your beautiful doilies would make up some fabulous cards so I will have to revert to doilies for my crochet again instead of just lace borders and flowers I think. Do you ever crochet any lace as I would love to see some of your designs. I am very much a novice at creating my own designs, though I live to try, but I can follow a pattern easily enough.
    Thank you for all your wonderful inspiration. I must find time to look for other crochet blogs as wonderful as yours for more inspiration.
    Have a good day. Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really, really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete