Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hearts Bookmark




The Holiday Season is behind us, but now there is Valentine's Day to look forward to. I enjoy the anticipation of it more than the holiday itself. For me, the best part is making little gifts and trinkets for friends and family.

This little heart bookmark is for a friend who enjoys reading. I found the pattern at Free Craft Unlimited.



There is a little personal accomplishment associated with this bookmark pattern. It is the first written instructions pattern that I was able to complete!

English is not my native language, so until now written patterns in English didn’t make any sense to me (I prefer symbol charts). But now, little by little, they become more comprehensible.

If I study hard enough, perhaps one day I will be able to write instructions for my own patterns. That would be great!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More bookmark patterns:




13 comments:

  1. How beautiful! Reading and crocheting are my two favorite hobbies, and this combines both. Thanks for sharing the link. I will try to make one...and maybe others for Valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Olga,
    This bookmark is so beautiful. I'm sure your friend is going to be so happy when she recieves this lovely gift. Gift's that are handmade are the best gifts of all. And what a lovely photo you have taken. To think every time she opens her book, a heart so beautiful will be waiting for her touch! Lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty bookmark and good job with the English pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely gift! You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olga, its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Olga,

    So sweet of you to visit my little space. Thank you. :)

    Your work is very beautiful, thread crochet is one of those things that I have yet to try, maybe now I will, you have inspired me to venture out and try something different.


    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a lovely job!It makes me miss my Great Aunt who made things like this. I just found in my old bible, a cross made up much like this. It is so special to me & this will be too for you or whomever you give it to.
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aquí de nuevo me haces correr ☺ que delicado marcador buen regalo y si muy romántico, muy muy bellos trabajos ♥ te felicito un cariño Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pink is the perfect colour for such a delicate project. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful bookmark, beautiful blog !
    Have a nice week-end.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is super cute! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete